Popular Posts

Friday, December 17, 2010

My story and why I applied for the Go Red For Women Heart Health Challenge

Why I applied and needed the Go Red For Women Challenge
OK so many of u r probably wondering why a 32 year old would need the go red challenge? While here's my story. I'm a smoker and started having high cholesterol about 1 1/2 years ago and was being followed by an Endocrinologist and also found out my vitamin D level was low. So after trying to lower cholesterol with diet and exercise and no success the Dr. Put me on a low dose of a statin medication and also a high dose of Vitamin D. While the vitamin D fluctuates my cholesterol still remained high so I had to go up dosage on my statin medication and am waiting to see if this and the challenge help me. When I started the challenge and had my first labs drawn I found out my cholesterol's are still high and now I have metabolic syndrome which is pre diabetes. This was very scary and a real eye opener so I have to follow strict diet and eating less more often which isn't easy but I am working on it and logging it I also have to check blood sugars and see my dietitian every week. So this is why I NEED this challenge and lifestyle change not only for me but my kids and husband so I can be a better role model. I do plan to try and quit smoking after I get to gym and take exercise as my new but healthy habit instead. So please follow me in this journey and help me along the way as I'm in this 110% . Also I want to thank all on the committee for giving me this opportunity and helping me and the other 7 challengers along the way thanks so much you'll never know how much this means to me. I promise to keep everyone updated and also share the tips I learn along the way. Thanks Lisa.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had no idea. I am praying this will work for you. It's difficult to change habits we have. Hopefully this is the information you needed to make those changes for yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete